Roland S-4000R Digital Snake Remote Controller
The S-4000R is a component of the S-4000 Digital Snake System. It allows for zipperless remote control of preamp levels for an S-4000S-3208 or any other system source configuration up to 40 channels. It can also switch Phantom Power and Pad settings for individual channels. The remote controller can store 9 presets including all of the channel gain and other settings. This allows for fast changes from act to act in a festival and an easy way to return to defaults in an installation.
The S-4000R is typically used at the Front of House console position but can also be used at the Stage position. When a system has two remotes, only one can be active at any time. If the Stage remote is in use, then the FOH unit will be automatically put in a Lock mode. If the FOH operator would like to use the remote, the Lock button is pressed to unlock the remote for use at the FOH position.
The S-4000R is very easy to use. A channel is selected using the channel Dial and then the Gain, Phantom Power and Pad settings can be changed. There is a high res LED Level Meter for the selected channel. There also are indicators showing signal present for each channel. If any channel is clipped, a clip light is shown for that channel and the master Clip button is lit. Pressing the Clip button clears the clip level LEDs. Odd/Even channels can be linked for fast changes to stereo sources.
The S-4000R connects using the provided RS-232c cable. It can be used on top of a console, or rack mounted using the included rack mount kit.
The S-4000R offers a very easy way to control the gain structure and channel settings for an S-4000 Modular Digital Snake, an essential feature of any digital snake system.
- Zipperless remote control of channel gain for an S-4000 Modular Digital Snake
- Controls Channel Gain, Pad and Phantom Power for each individual channel
- 9 Preset memories of all system settings for fast system setup or return to system default settings
- Odd/Even channel linking for easy adjustments to stereo sources
- Signal present and clipping indicator for each channel
- Hi res selected channel meter display
- Can be used at FOH location or on Stage
- Rack mount or table top operation using included 3 meter (~9.5') RS-232c cable