Sony PXW-FS5K 4K
Incl. Sony SELP18105G Motor zoom lens 18-105mm / F4,0
The Sony PXW-FS5 is a completely new edition of the PXW-FS7 for unsurpassed recordings in action under the most demanding conditions. Thanks to the low weight of 800 grams - less than half of the PXW-FS7 -, the cleverly-designed case, the flexible and rotatable handle and the LCD viewfinder, which can be mounted in a total of nine places, you can shoot almost anywhere - recordings From a high or low angle, in very small spaces and all other difficult turning situations, where flexibility is necessary. Also, the PXW-FS5 has the first integrated electronic variable ND filter for a super 35mm camcorder to maintain full control over exposure in fast moving situations.
New free firmware update 1.1 - from January 2016
- Internal recording of 4K (3840 x 2160) with simultaneous output of the video signal via HDMI or SDI (display of OSD data in the Viewfinder or LCD screen)
Features Sony PXW-FS5K 4K Camcorders:
- Sensor: Super 35mm Exmor CMOS (Total 11.6Mp (4352x2662), Effective: 8.4Mp / 16: 9
- Mount: E-Mount
- Zoom lens: SELP18105G included (K version)
- Dynamic Range: S-Log, S-Log 2 and S-Log 3
- Color space: S-Gamut3 and S-Gamut3.Cine
- Native ISO: 3200
- Apertures: 14 stops
- Filter: varibale ND filter Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64, Linear 1/4 to 1/128
- Super Slow Motion up to 120 / 240fps in Full HD at 24p, 480 / 960fps with 216 or 432 lines (interpolated to HD 1080)
- Network Features: FTP (Wi-Fi / Eth): XAVC Proxy, XAVC-L and m2ts AVCHD
- Focus Assist Function: Face detection, Zoom 4 x and 8x, Clear Image Zoom
- Memory media: Slot A: SD card or Memory Stick, Slot B SD card
- Video Outputs: 1 x HDSDI, 1 x HDMI
- 2 x XLR audio inputs
- Recording: simultaneous recording, Ralay and Independent (separate recording of grip slot A and handgrtiff slot B)
- Rotatable multi-function handle for single-handed operation
- Handle Multiinterface shoe connector for SMAD-P3 for digital wireless audio Sony UWP series, HVL-LED lights and XLR-K2M audio adapter
- Weight only approx. 800Gramm (without accessories only body), approx. 2.2kg with lens and battery
- XAVC-L QFHD 4: 2: 0 25p / 23.98p / 29.97p at a bit rate 60/100 Mbps MXF format
- XAVC-L Full HD 4: 2: 2, 10 bit 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 29.97p / 23.98p / 59.94i / 50i with a bit rate 50/35 / 25Mbps MXF format
- XAVC-L HD 720 4: 2: 2 59.94p / 50p at a bit rate: 50Mbps, MXF format
- AVCHD Full HD 4: 2: 0, 8 bits 59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 29.97p / 23.98p / 59.94i / 50i with bitrates 28/24 / 17Mbps MXF format
- FTP (Wi-Fi / Eth): XAVC Proxy, XAVC-L, and m2ts AVCHD
- Streaming (Wi-Fi / Eth), compatible with Teradek Cube
- Camera control and monitoring (Wi-Fi) with Content Browser Mobile (Android / iOS)
- 1 x Sony SELP18105G motor zoom lens 18-105mm / F4,0
- 1 x Handgrip Multiinterface Shoe for connection for SMAD-P3 (option)
- 1 x Mount Cap
- 1 x LCD Viewfinder
- 1 x Grip Remote Control
- 1 x BC-U1 battery charger
- 1 x BP-U30 battery pack
- 1 x instruction manual
- 1 x CD-ROM Instruction manuals
24 months PrimeSupport warranty
With a handheld camera you should also be able to rotate in very small rooms. To work on your lap. To go with the actors. To flexibly turn at high and low angles. And a handheld camera should fit nicely to the chest while being comfortably carried by the right hand. All controls should be within easy reach. The extraordinary PXW-FS5 from Sony can do all this and much more.
Lightweight yet durable
Despite its extremely lightweight body of 800 grams the Sony PXW-FS5 is robust enough for demanding use under everyday conditions. The main frame of magnesium is hard and yet extremely light. Cooling in a 4K camera is a compelling requirement, especially for a camera that is as compact as the PXW-FS5. The advanced cooling system has a vertical heat sink next to the image sensor and the main board to maximize its effectiveness. A ventilation channel cools the cooling plate and simultaneously isolates the electronic components from dust.
4K handheld camera with 100 Mbit / s
If quality is the supreme criterion, then can the Super 35 Exmor sensor of PXW-FS5 optimal for shooting at 100 Mbit / s 4K (3840 x 2160) with the progressive XAVC Recording System (Long GOP) from Sony. An option for external RAW recordings is planned for the future (details will be announced later). If you need fast results, you can upgrade to full HD (1,920 x 1,080) with up to 60p XAVC 10-bit 4: 2: 2 50 Mbps. The PXW-FS5 has the flexibility to adapt to the needs of your work today as well as tomorrow.
K-Super 35 Exmor® sensor
The Sony PXW-FS5 is based on a highly sensitive 4K Super 35mm Exmor sensor, which offers all the advantages of a large-sized sensor in combination with exceptional image readout speed as and 4K footage Super Slow Motion is required.
PXW-FS5 4K resolution 11.6 million pixels total and 8.8 million effective pixels deliver a full 4K resolution. Even if you deliver in HD, your recordings capture detail and image structures, which HD sensors simply can not perceive.
The Super-35 sensor is characterized by a special background blur out, the so-called "bokeh", which is possible through a shallow depth of field, as. Well as excellent sensitivity in low light and through an extensive field of view
The exposure latitude of 14 stages providing a strong grayscale reproduction, without suppressing details in the shadow or in the highlights.
The exceptional sensitivity makes it possible to rotate after sunset without ton lights long.
The Exmor CMOS Design Sony is characterized by a high-speed read-out function for all pixels (without pixel light funnel) and sophisticated processing by the camera. Thus, raster and moiré effects are minimized.
FR-recording (high frame rate)
The PXW-FS5 offers HFR cache recording in image quality Full HD 10-bit 4: 2: 2 and a frame rate of up to 240 frames / s. The 8-second cache recording means fewer recordings at the wrong time, which would require a repeat. Now you can find exactly the place you need. Also 120 images / s can be recorded thanks to the up to 16 seconds long cache recording. At a certain resolution, higher image refresh rates of 480 fps and 960 fps are possible.
Slow motion 240 frames / s
recordings with high frame rates can turn into a slow-motion ballet everyday actions. The PXW-FS5 offers stunning 240 fps in Full HD XAVC 10-bit 4: 2: 2. If your project is reproduced at 24p cinema-like, you will get a wonderful 10x super slow motion. With regard to bit depth, no compromises have to be made, and there is no "windowing" effect of the sensor. Therefore, no pruning factor or loss in the viewing angle must be taken into account.
Integrated electronic adjustable ND filter
The PXW-FS5 is the world's first Super 35 camcorder with integrated electronic variable neutral density filter (ND filter), which extends the depth of capacity of the large-format sensor even more. Unlike conventional ND filters, the ND filter of the PXW-FS5 can be controlled linearly from 1/4 ND to 1/128 ND. This makes the PXW-FS5 ideal for fast-moving recordings in changing environments: no need to replace filters in case of variable lighting conditions, and thanks to the variable control, control of the depth of focus is quite straightforward. * Sony market search, September 2015.
Networked for high mobility
thanks to the choice of WiFi or integrated wired LAN, you can issue from every event live streams.
Control of the PXW-FS5 is possible directly from your smartphone or tablet.
The built-in NFC technology supports possible with the appropriate equipment one-touch authentication.
Thanks to a built-in cable-connected LAN jack for high-speed transmission of content at full resolution, you are always one step ahead of the latest news.
Whatever you want to record the PXW-FS5 fits your style to. Its 3.5 "LCD screen can be mounted in a total of nine different locations: three on the top of the handle and another six on the top of the housing. The positioning of the screen can be adjusted freely - for example, either next to the camera housing or directly Along the optical axis of the lens.
Modular design for easy integration
The PXW-FS5 is designed so that it can be disassembled quickly and easily. Special tool is not required. On the handle and on the upper and lower side of the housing, ¼ "thread bores are provided to allow attachment to a drone, a gimbal suspension or an underwater housing. For mounting on a tripod is a 3/8" threaded hole on the bottom intended. For secure attachment of a PXW-FS7 arm and compatible third-party accessories, you can even add the rosette mount for the PXW-FS7.
all important functions of the PXW-FS5 are right on your fingertips: electronic zoom lever, assignable rotary wheels and sensitive joystick. Direct menu options are displayed on the screen. This allows recording parameters to be changed quickly and easily without losing sight of the action. The SmartGrip is as close as possible to the camera focus point to avoid rolling movements, while a grip strap ensures a secure hold. To adjust the angle of the Smart Grip, simply press a button and turn the handle. Since the handle has a bayonet closure, it can be quickly and easily removed.